With his college graduation gown expertly pitched into the trash, Justin Akron is ready for the road trip he planned with his best friend Landry— and ready for one last summer of escape from his mother’s controlling grip. Climbing into the Winnebago his father left him, they set out across America in search of the sites his father had captured through the lens of his Nikon.
As an aspiring photographer, Justin can think of no better way to honor his father’s memory than to scatter his ashes at the sites he held sacred. And there’s no one Justin would rather share the experience with more than Landry.
But Justin knows he can’t escape forever. Eventually he’ll have to return home and join his mother’s Senate campaign. Nor can he escape the truth of who he is, and the fact that he’s in love with his out-and-proud travel companion.
Admitting what he wants could hurt his mother’s conservative political career. But with every click of his shutter and every sprinkle of ash, Justin can’t resist Landry’s pull. And when the truth comes into focus, neither is prepared for the secrets the other is hiding.
Caboom! That was my heart throughout all of Trust the Focus. It was breaking, getting back together, breaking again; Megan Erickson knew how to work my heart since the very beginning and it is always like this with her. She writes the best of the best. Cute? Angsty? Hot characters in love? All of them – check them off in Erickson’s novels because she has them all!
Trust the Focus was everything and more. How can I explain that every time Landry and Justin were together, I screamed and fell even harder? The level of writing in Megan’s book is out of this world. Her stories are those kind of stories that get to the deepest parts of you. Her characters want to tell you their story and want you to experience all of it with them. I mean, Justin and Landry were one of my favorite characters I’ve read.
There are so many things I loved about this novel:
– LANDRY’S UNDENIABLE CARING FOR JUSTIN (I mean he wants Justin to be happy and he wants to see him smile)
– All the road trip stops were so cool and JUSLAN ARE SO FUNNY, I couldn’t stop from laughing at what they said.
– Their own little world.
– Landry’s blog post (hell yes)
– THE CUTENESS OF THEIR RELATIONSHIP. BYE.
– Megan’s writing (she’s the best)
-This is why I love childhood friendships
– They know everything about each other. I mean of course, there is always something the other one doesn’t know, but THE WAY THEY KNOW THEIR FAVORITE CANDIES AND HOW THEY ACT. Give me all the childhood friendships in the world.
All in all, Megan did it again for me. And I believe, the books to come from her will be EPIC.
1-Click it HERE!