The rules: no kissing on the mouth, no staying the night, no telling anyone, and above all… No falling in love.
Anna Jones just wants to finish college and figure out her life. Falling for star quarterback Drew Baylor is certainly not on her to do list. Confident and charming, he lives in the limelight and is way too gorgeous for his own good. If only she could ignore his heated stares and stop thinking about doing hot and dirty things with him. Easy right?
Too bad he’s committed to making her break every rule…
Football has been good to Drew. It’s given him recognition, two National Championships, and the Heisman. But what he really craves is sexy yet prickly Anna Jones. Her cutting humor and blatant disregard for his fame turns him on like nothing else. But there’s one problem: she’s shut him down. Completely.
That is until a chance encounter leads to the hottest sex of their lives, along with the possibility of something great. Unfortunately, Anna wants it to remain a hook up. Now it’s up to Drew to tempt her with more: more sex, more satisfaction, more time with him. Until she’s truly hooked. It’s a good thing Drew knows all about winning.
All’s fair in love and football…Game on.
New Adult/Contemporary Romance with a HEA – Recommended for readers 17 and older.
*ARC received from author for honest review*
Would it be inappropriate of me to start a review by gushing about my love for Drew? Well…I don’t really care because I freaking LOVE Drew. Drew Baylor is perfection! Even when he’s saying something that pissed me off I still freaking ADORED Drew. Drew Baylor has definitely made it as one of my top book boyfriends.
Okay. I will stop gushing about my love for Drew…for now. First, I’d like to thank Kristen Callihan for allowing me to read and ARC of The Hook Up for review and creating such PHENOMENAL characters, that I am totally, and completely obsessed with.
Anna Jone’s is 100% my kinda girl. She’s quick, witty, sassy, and hilarious! I knew I was going to love Anna as soon as I read this:
“Annoyed I straighten my shoulders and force myself to look aloof. Shit, what does “aloof” look like?”
As soon as I read that I was like “Holy crap Anna, are you my soul sister?!”
My love for Anna and Drew, both separately and together, is quite profound. Separately I love their personalities and together I loved the way they acted towards each other.
Trying to find a flaw in this novel is very, very difficult because It’s pretty close to absolute perfection.
So I compiled a
little list of the things I thought were PERFECT about The Hook Up:
1) Drew. Drew. Drew. Drew. See, I told you I wouldn’t be done gushing about him. He’s sexy, smart, funny, and a quick thinker. All things any girl would want. Oh and bonus, he’s a football god.
2) Anna. She’s sassy, hilarious, she curses a lot (I can relate), and she’s confident but not overly confident cause she does have her insecurities and is aware of what they are. (Anna and I are basically one.) 😉
3) The writing was absolutely flawless.
4) The dialogue! I am a sucker for good dialogue, and the dialogue in this novel wasn’t just good, it was AMAZING!! <3
“Want to go for a ride?” “Now?” “No. Three hours from now,” he deadpans. “I figure you can get in your pjs, maybe sleep for a while, then we’ll go out.”
5) The unexpectedness. One of my favorite things about this novel is that the characters reacted in ways I did not expect. It was actually the exact opposite of the way I expected they would react. During one particular scene towards the end in which I thought “Oh shit It’s gonna be over I’ve seen this happen before…” Well, WRONG Giselle! Kristen played out these characters situations very very nicely and I loved every second of it.
6) The STEAM. This book was hot. Like really really really steaming hot. *sigh* I need a Drew Baylor…
7) The romance. Who knew that a football player could be so romantic?! Well I didn’t, but Drew definitely kills all those stereotypes about football players.
“I think you’re beautiful.” he says softly.
“Beauty fades.” I choke out.
“Not when it comes from inside.”
8) Finally, last on the list is… all 400 something pages.
If you’re look for a steamy, entertaining, *cough*prettyperfect*cough*, New Adult romance, that deals with an extremely sexy football player, The Hook Up is most definitely for you. And even if you aren’t in the mood for a book like that, PLEASE, please, read this amazing novel! <3
One-Click The Hook Up HERE!
Add The Hook Up on Goodreads HERE!