From the New Adult sensation and New York Timesbestselling author of Until You
Madoc and Fallon. Two estranged teenagers playing games that push the boundaries between love and war…
For the two years she’s been away at boarding school, there was no word from her. Back when we lived in the same house, she used to cut me down during the day and then leave her door open for me at night.
I was stupid then, but now I’m ready to beat her at her own game…
Two years and I can tell he still wants me, even if he acts like he’s better than me.
But I won’t be scared away. Or pushed down. I’ll call his bluff and fight back. That’s what he wants, right? As long as I keep my guard up, he’ll never know how much he affects me….
Holy hell yes! This novel. This series. Just PERFECT. AMAZING, INTENSE, SO GODDAMN PERFECT.
Rival by Penelope Douglas is definitely one of my favorite novels of this year!! When I read Bully, the first novel in this series, I remember falling madly and deeply in love with all the characters Penelope created, her writing, her wit, pretty much everything about it, and Rival did not disappoint one bit!! I’m already ready for a re-read, but since I haven’t read Bully in such a long time and this book reminded me of my love for Jared and Tate, their story is already waiting for me on my Kindle.
Rival was one of those novels that pulled out the most intense emotions in me. It had me feeling anger, hate, love, lust, passion, irritation, and so much more, in the most intense degrees possible. Rival had everything, and I mean every-freaking-thing, I love in my books. Here’s a little list for you: 😉
1) Witty, chemistry-filled, dialogue. You think you’ve read perfect dialogue before? You haven’t read perfect dialogue till you have encountered Penelope Douglas’ writing! I don’t know how she does it, but the dialogue she creates between her characters is probably the best I’ve ever read.
2) Unique, sassy, phenomenal characters. Fallon Pierce and Madoc Caruthers? If you haven’t met these two you are missing out!! The roller-coaster journey you will go on with these two will have your heart pounding and will entertain you for hours!
“Madoc was designer. I was Target. He was Godiva. I was Snickers.”
3) Perfectly steamy and sexy scenes. Penelope Douglas knows her lust and knows how to bring it out in her readers. The heat between Fallon and Madoc was practically radiating off my Kindle.
4) Angst. Angst everywhere! It was freaking great!
5) A plot line that will have you addicted and captivated and reading for hours straight with its different twists and turns.
6) Dual POV’s. <3 <3
7) A rivalry that will outdo all other rivalries.
Fallon is one heroine that you can’t help but fall in love with. She’s sassy, independent, and doesn’t take crap from anyone. Madoc is arrogant, cocky, and a bit of an asshole but he’s also protective, caring, and has a deeper side to him that will have you head over heels.
“She’d agree, of course. No one could say no to me.”
Together and separately they are hilarious and will have you laughing out loud, rolling your eyes, and desperately rooting for them as well. They are HOT, intense, sexy, aggravating, and they are also rivals.
I also loved seeing Tate and Jared in this book! I love those two and seeing more of their relationship left me wanting a hell of a lot more Tate and Jared! Possibly a whole other 350+ pages in their POV’s. *nudges Penelope Douglas with elbow and with a sly wink*
You will not be able to put Rival down. It is completely addicting and will have you feeling everything from hate, love, irritation, and lust, to the nth degree. I can not rave about this book and series enough. Well actually I could, but yeah, you know what I mean.
Rival is a MUST FREAKING READ! The Fall Away series is a MUST MUST freaking read.
I can not wait to get my hands on Jax’s story and read more of Penelope Douglas’ phenomenal writing! So whatever you are doing, STOP, and read this book, and if you haven’t read Bully yet, go read it RIGHT NOW and fall in love with Penelope Douglas’ work.
Now, please excuse me while I go re-read Bully, because I can not get enough of Penelope’s writing and these characters she’s created. <3
Don’t forget to 1-Click your copy of Rival HERE! 😉
My Rival Playlist